From Deeje’s BLOG:
“USATODAY.com – The ultimate smackdown
when someone tells you a Windows box is always faster than the Mac, point them to this article and tell them it isn’t necessarily so.”
– As I’ve been saying for years that the PowerPC chip consortium has a marketing challenge around processor speed (MHz); shame on them for allowing that to continue to be the consumer’s most understood means of gauging processor performance
– How much memory was in each of the computers tested?
– Disk subsystem speed?
– How much did each box cost?
– What else was included for the purchase price (DVD-ROM, CD-R, etc)
– Why was a DUAL PROCESSOR MAC compared to a SINGLE PROCESSOR WINTEL?
A quick look on the Apple site at — guessing they selected the $2999 model:
A quick look on Sony’s site shows a /significantly upgraded/ version of the model tested at $2499:
I sure as hell wouldn’t point anyone w/ a brain to this article for “proof” of anything, aside from the author’s lack of ability to conduct a fair and accurate test.
Apple’s showing great signs of life, but they still can’t bring the ‘hammer’ (1984) down. Keep pluggin boys!