Like anyone who blogs (or is alive long enough), I occasionally hear about interesting job opps through friends, referred exec recruiters, etc. Dotan Saguy, who I met at Overture, emailed me about a new position he’s just created at his small, but growing (and profitable) SEM-driven E-commerce company:
Here are some details about the position:
The position is a COO type position who will be responsible for running and scaling the operations of my multi-line ecommerce business from the current 2 lines (a mature GPS line and a brand new baby gear line) up to a huge operation with 50+ lines and potentially hundreds of employees.
Here’s how I see the ideal candidate:
• Immense drive / Hunger to make the business fly. / Very entrepreneurial.
• Very rigorous, disciplined and prioritized
• Obsessed with Optimization of operations: Architect at heart. Master at building clocks that tick on their own with perfect accuracy.
• Experience leveraging technology to optimize and scale Operations
• Believes in growing people within the organization (GE-style). Viewed by their direct reports as a leader, an approachable mentor and an inspiration.
• Good with planning/budgeting, setting goals and following through
• On top of Financials
• Creative problem solver
• Thrives in competitive business environment. Obsessed with getting an edge over the competition.
• Can be a hands-on manager & roll-up his/her sleeves.
• Conservative but rational spender (spends right on the curve, not ahead of it and not behind it)
Must have proven the ability to not only run a large operation, but also to scale a small operation into a large one.
Bottom line: He/She must be the kind of person you give the keys of your business to and yet you sleep better at night.
• Retail experience is a plus
• Search marketing experience is a plus
• Previous Ecommerce Ops experience would be huge!
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, you can reach Dotan at:
dsaguy -[AT]- yahoo -[DOT]- com