Alright, I lied… one more before calling it a day.
According to this press release (likely to link rot since it’s on Yahoo!) from the NYTimes.com:
- For March 2005, NYTimes.com achieved a traffic record of 555 million pageviews, a 17% increase from March 2004
- The previous monthly record was set in January 2005, when NYTimes.com had 553 million pageviews, a 30% increase from January of last year
- NYTimes.com’s RSS feeds generated 5.9 million pageviews on the site in March, which represents a 342% increase year over year and a 39% increase from February’s 4.3 million pageviews.
- Sections that were most popular among RSS feeds included: Washington and Business.
- The feeds have been available since February 2002
I’ve been “consuming” news primarily via RSS for a couple years now (I honestly couldn’t tell you when I started). Always valuable to remember how far ahead of the curve we are on this stuff… and to see the exponential growth as adoption revs up.