I have the following opening available on my team at Healthline. Please email me at moreinfo AT buzzhit DOT com if you, or someone you know, is a fit. (Recruiters welcome, but please email me a sanitized resume.)
And yes… I will eventually start posting things other than job listings… 😉
– – –
Director, Content Strategy and Production
Reports to the Vice President, Product Management
The Director, Content Strategy and Production is responsible for developing and executing the company’s strategy for licensed and proprietary consumer health information, including: identification, acquisition, writing, reviewing, editing, search engine optimizing (SEO), online publishing and revenue generation. Further, the Director will oversee (and enhance) the company’s emerging blog network, from recruiting new bloggers, to maximizing revenue, to dealing with day-to-day operations and support issues. Finally, the Director will be a key member of the Product team, providing ideas and analysis in support of new product and service offerings.
- Build and manage a network of high-quality freelance medical editors, physician article authors and physician content reviewers
- Develop and manage the process of creating, reviewing, editing, search engine optimizing and publishing Web content
- Assume soft P&L responsibility for content creation, acquisition, licensing vs. monetization
- Analyze and understand search, traffic, advertising and medical trends in order to prioritize content for acquisition, creation, etc
- Identify, evaluate and negotiate with third-party sources of medical content
- Work closely with VP, Product and Product Manager’s to support the information needs of new products and services
- Experience in a web production environment with HTML, XML and rich-media content systems.
- Significant web publishing (process and systems) experience
- Experience managing a large network of geographically-dispersed freelance writers or editors
- Comprehensive understanding of content classification and categorization (i.e., taxonomies and ontologies)
- Strong management skills and experience managing a team
- Skills and experience in evaluating content, traffic and advertising from a financial perspective required
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a plus
- A medical credential (MD, RN, etc) or advance degree preferred
- Some business development exposure preferred
About Healthline (www.healthline.com)
Healthline offers an innovative approach to meeting the needs of health information seekers. Developed in collaboration with 1,100 medical specialists, Healthline’s powerful consumer healthcare taxonomy – the largest of its kind – drives its suite of medically guided search and navigation services. Healthline offers two primary routes to delivering its intelligent health information services to consumers and business partners: through its website, Healthline.com, or through a network of trusted destination sites that include publishers, employers and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco, Healthline is backed by VantagePoint Venture Partners, Reed Elsevier Ventures, Mitsui & Co., Ltd., and JHK Investments, LLC.